Redmi Note 7 Pro Review with Pros and Cons
The Redmi Note 7 Pro is here with the Snapdragon 675, 48-megapixel camera, Dot Notch, Gorilla Glass 5 protection, and 4000 mah battery and this is Redmi Note 7 Review with Pros and Cons.
Xiaomi along with the Redmi Note 7 launch in India launched the Redmi Note 7 Pro Globally at the same event. This could be the best smartphone in the segment and an actual update to the Redmi Note series. Previously we have seen Xiaomi bringing the same phones with just minor changes but this time Note 7 Pro could be a real upgrade. Well, here we are with the “Redmi Note 7 Pro Review with Pros and Cons”.
Redmi Note 7 Pro
Price and Specifications
The Redmi note 7 Pro is priced at Rs 13,999 for the 4GB + 64GB model and Rs 16,999 for the 6GB + 128GB variant. There are three color options namely Neptune Blue, Nebula Red, and Space Black. This phone will go on sale from March 13 via Flipkart and Mi.com.
Click here – Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Review
The Redmi Note 7 pro has a 6.3-inches full HD+ Display with the resolution of 1080×2340 pixels. This has a Waterdrop style notch which is called as Dot Notch by Xiaomi and a 2.65D curved Glass protection on both the sides. The smartphone is powered by the Snapdragon 675 processor and has 4/6 GB of Ram options. There is a Dual camera with 48-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.79 aperture and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. The front camera is a 13-megapixel sensor.
Let us come straight to the Redmi note 7 Pro Review with Pros and Cons:
PROS AND CONS
- The phone looks quite good and sturdy and that feels amazing to hold. And the screen to body ratio is excellent.
- There is a beautiful Waterdrop style notch.
- The Display has Reading and Sunlight mode too.
- Both the front and back panel have Gorilla Glass 5 protection with the 2.5D curved glass.
- There is 11nm based Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Soc in the phone.
- The Redmi Note 7 Pro comes with Android Pie based MIUI 10.
- It has a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 primary sensor and another 5-megapixel camera in the back.
- The Rear camera is capable of Recording 4K videos at 30 fps.
- There is a 4000 mah battery and Quick Charge 4.0 support.
- The perfect thing is we get a USB Type C connectivity here in the phone.
- There is Dual 4G VOLTE, so you can use two JIO Sim cards.
- There is Camera2API enabled so you can install Google Camera in the phone.
- The smartphone looks quite good and beautiful but it is quite heavy may be due to the battery size.
- The MIUI is getting smoother day by day but it will never reach Stock Android or OxygenOS.
- One more problem, especially with the MIUI, is that it comes with Ads in it.
- The phone has Quick Charge 4.0 but you still give a 10W charger only.
- It does support Dual Sim but again the Hybrid Slot, so what if you have to use two Sim cards with an SD card.
- The cameras are quite good but Xiaomi compares it with iPhones and Oneplus phones but here is the Sony IMX586. So now can say it has the flagship camera of Honor View 20 which is a flagship device. But the AI work is fine in the camera part.
- The phone doesn’t support Widevine L1 support meaning the same problem we had in Poco F1 which is now there. So, you cannot stream HD content at least for now maybe Xiaomi gives you this with MIUI update.
- The front and back are made of Glass but sides are of plastic.
Should you Buy the Redmi Note 7 Pro?
This is our Redmi Note 7 Pro Review with Pros and Cons, and we can say –
“This is one of the smartphones currently out there in the segment and could be the standard for a next few months. The device is an upgrade to the Note series and it really feels like an upgrade where we have an improved processor and cameras too. Most importantly there is USB type C which is lacking in most of the phones except the Samsung Galaxy M30. Talking about M30 which is a direct competitor to the Note 7 Pro has quite similar specs. But the major differences are in the camera and battery also the M30 has Exynos 7904 while the Note 7 pro runs on SD 675 Soc. The Samsung phone has triple cameras while Note 7 pro gives you only Dual sensors. Other smartphones in the competition are Samsung M20, Realme 3 which is about to launch in the same segment and Honor 10 Lite.”
What do you think of the Redmi Note 7 Pro Review with Pros and Cons here at Gadgets To Know?
Redmi Note 7 ProINR 13,999
- Great Design with Waterdrop style Notch
- Powerful processor
- Huge Battery
- 48MP Camera
- USB Type C
- NO Dedicated SD Card
- No Real fast charging
- MIUI with the ADS
- No Widevine L1 certification
- Plastic involved in the build