Realme X with the popup selfie camera is added to the original Realme 3 Pro to charge extra money of Rs 17000 in India and this is the Realme X Review with Pros and Cons.
We have the new device from Realme just launched in India with some minor changes being made to the original device. Yes, the original device is the Realme 3 Pro and the only popup selfie camera is added which makes it Realme X. Actually, the phone was launched quite a few months ago and now they made the debut of X series to India too. The phone is about to compete in the segment of mid-range smartphones where we already have power packed phones like the Redmi Note 7 Pro, Samsung M40, Vivo Z21, etc. The phone is quite convincing with the premium grade specifications but will it be as successful as the others are?
Here we have Realme X Review with Pros and Cons but before that let us discuss the specifications first.
Price and Specifications
The smartphone is launched in two variants in India. There is 4GB Ram and 8GB Ram two options while the storage is 128GB in both the options. The prices are Rs 17000 and Rs 20000 respectively for these two variants.
The specifications of Realme X include a bezel-less display which is full HD+ and there is no notch in the display. It is possible because of the selfie camera being moved to the popup mechanism. And this is the only noticeable difference in the phone. Then there is Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Soc that runs the whole phone quite smoothly. as we already mentioned the phone has two Ram options namely 4/8GB and storage is fixed to 128GB. However, this cannot be expanded using a micro SD Card. There is a 48-megapixel camera and a 16-megapixel selfie camera too.
Enough about the specifications, let’s come to the main topic of discussion “Realme X Review with Pros and Cons”
Realme X Review with Pros and Cons
- The phone has an AMOLED screen that makes it premium and different from most of the mid-range smartphones. And, this becomes flagship too as most of the phones in the segment are LCD and TFT panels.
- Again talking about the display part, there is Gorilla Glass 5 Protection too.
- And, the design is minimalistic with minimum bezels and there is also a popup mechanism to hold the selfie camera.
- Coming to the hardware part, there is Snapdragon 710 Soc running inside with the Adreno 616 GPU and that makes it a complete performance-oriented device.
- Also, there are two Ram options namely 4 and 8 GB with the UFS2.1 fixed storage of 128 GB.
- The smartphone Realme X is powered by a 3765 mah battery with the support of VOOC charge 3.0. And, it also has USB Type C connectivity.
- It has 48-megapixel primary camera and a 5-megapixel depth sensor plus a 16-megapixel selfie camera.
- There is a lot of AI involved in the smartphone.
- There is Dolby Atmos surround sound technology to bump up the audio experience of the device.
- It also has an under display fingerprint sensor.
- The design is great, the phone looks interesting but they are still using the plastic back panel or polycarbonate as they like to call it.
- In the display, we have Gorilla glass protection but it is still the GG5 instead of Gorilla Glass 6.
- The design and display are more absolute perfect but its quite big that makes it bigger for hands to hold.
- the smartphone has fixed storage of 128GB which cannot be expanded.
- There is no LED Notification light, No NFC, No FM Radio.
- They trying to make everything premium but they only managed to get Videvine L3 certification.
- The battery capacity has been reduced from 4200 to 3765 mah but which is compensated by a fast charger and type C connectivity.
- You are calling it a flagship phone but giving a mid-range processor only.
There are a lot of problems in the phone but those problems are compensated with some added premium features. The Realme X is sort of a flagship device from the brand but all we can say is its an attempt to be the flagship. After this Realme X Review with Pros and Cons, we can say that the phone is just a mid-range variant of the Oneplus 7 Pro. They have tried to stimulate almost everything. It’s a good attempt but it will take some time to make a premium grade smartphone.
Something that impressed is the display quality of the phone, the colors are really vivid and that is possible because of the AMOLED panel. Realme X Review with Pros and Cons suggests that there is almost everything that you need in a phone. But, the question is will it be better than the Vivo Z21 with Snapdragon 712. Also, we are about to see Redmi K20 too.
What are your thoughts about the phone?